Your First Step

Contact the BCMB

Before you move forward with selling your depot, transferring voting rights or shareholders, you must contact the BCMB.

Tel:  1.888.424.7671  OR  780.424.3193



Your First Step

Selling Your Depot, Changing Shares or Voting Rights

Permits are non-transferable. That means that a permit is only valid for the individuals or incorporation listed on it and for the building and location specified within it. 

If you are considering a sale, a transfer of shares, voting rights or an interest in your depot, the Permit Holder must:

  • contact a BCMB Compliance Officer to discuss the change. Click the link below to be redirected to the BCMB Contact Page.
  • provide the BCMB with written notice at least 60 days prior to the proposed transfer

If the BCMB is of the view that the proposed transfer would result in a change in the effective control of the Permit Holder, then within 30 days after receiving the written notice and any other information requested from the Permit Holder, the BCMB will determine one of the following:

  • that the Permit will continue in effect with or without amendments
  • that the operation of the Permit is suspended until the Permit Holder complies with certain requirements specified by the BCMB
  • that the Permit is cancelled

To better understand your obligations under BCMB By-law, please review the Beverage Container Depot Permit, Applicaiton, Renewal and Amendment By-law and the Beverage Container Depot, Operation and Administration By-law, by clicking the link below:

BCMB Mandate - to regulate and enhance a leading beverage container system that protects Alberta’s environment.